Identity






I'm pretty sure you readers know about my identity

But first I want to start With what I learned in four years of school


What I learned about identity in my psychology classes

There are tons of psychological theories that touch on identity- Erik Erikson's theory of development posits that people wade through various stages depending on their age!

For example in my teen years I went through a identity phase; Erik Erikson may explain why teenagers wear cool new clothes or get belly button rings. When we get older we go through something called "generativity vs stagnation". We look upon the work we have done and the life we have led and ... sort of have a judgment day. 

I will touch more on identity but first:

 I wanted to share, that guy you don't like for a reason you can't put your finger on...


he probably comes from generations of racists :)  But Kristina he's a police officer and he is so cute:) 


Do you know THE HISTORY OF THE US POLICE FORCE!?   lol

Think and question and ... decide WHERE to expend your energy. That situation that is causing  you strife. What is actually going on there? WHY are you feeling despondent. IS IT/ he /she/the situation or

whatever is occurring, is it worth, it? Maybe



it is.. but maybe it isn't. 


Think. Maybe the person that is hurting you...is a racist.  And he comes from generations of people hurting people , oppressing others due to the color of the their skin. Those thinking patterns can get passed down generations 


I'm not a professor but ... I did apply and get into graduate school. Graduate schools don't accept people that don't know what they're talking about. 


Kristina



Comments

Popular Posts