Photo Blog continued

This is an interesting one! I had met Madeleine (far right) in a club in Boston- back in my party days!! Just kidding, it's more like a party life, and I can't say my party days are behind me... :/  RUH -ROH
She introduced me to her family living in a coastal Massachusetts town, and her fellow Au Pair friends and her decided to have a little road trip to a camping ground in Maine. And GUESS WHO TAGGED ALONG. These girls were 18, I was 25 at the time so I was feeling very old. But we had a lovely time camping, telling scary stories, and walking through an old Maine coastal town. And grabbing beers in restaurants! Here, we are posing before hiking a very small mountain. These girls were from Brazil, and in the US as au pairs, Madeline is from Germany.  I at the time was working for the staffing agency I had been at for 5 years and I was just happy to get away from the city. I need another girls trip!

  Photos with Aika ALWAYS remind me of Northern and Western European cities like Copenhagen and Prague. We had a habit of jumping on planes, and rendevouzing somewhere in Europe. Aika I had met through my family in Kazakhstan. She is born and raised in Almaty (whereas I am born in Almaty and raised in Boston). Aika decided to move to Germany (I think!) and work in finance.  Aika was always in the middle of some prestigious and complicated internship whenever I visited her. I'll never forget her ADORABLE German apartment, when she was living in Germany interning. The German architecture was what I loved. We always had the silliest times and the silliest relationship. We developed countless inside jokes, most likely due to some of the alcohol we tended to drink while together! She will never let me forget my making out with a man I had met in a hostel in Europe... we still joke about it.
Here's to another journey to another northern European city!  Aika is a great friend and the most fun travel partner!

This one I love so much!  Regardless of how much I look like Children of the Corn! This is my mom's wedding to her second husband, Christopher. They married in Washington DC, after having known eachother and been friends for 20 years!
My mom had Algis and I with her first husband Vidas, a Lithuanian whose still kicking and has a habit of going to Church. This is the sweetest photo because it's a marrying of two amazing families. My aunt Didi is standing behind me, my mom's brother Ashat is to her left, and my mom's friend is to her right. Apashka, my grandmother is right next to my brother, who served as a ring bearer at the wedding. I served as a flower girl, a very demon looking flower girl. I remember that day! If you can imagine! I remember the feelings of that day- the photoshoot in particular, I remember. My mom loved her roses and we chatted about the roses during the whole thing. I loved the ring my mom had me carry too. It was a fun day !

Comments

Popular Posts