Who the EFFFFF is reading my blog?


Anyway, I'm a little over a month with VIPKID and I couldn't be turning into any MORE of a FREAK. I'm in Starbucks and preparing to teach, with my tools and props ready. Despite acting like an actual moron my bookings haven't suffered and I've had higher bookings than ever. Which means I've been making a lot of money, but it means I've essentially been a paid clown.

I am not complaining because I am buying my first vacation ticket with my next deposit, so I'll be happy soon.

Despite the stress, what an interesting journey so far! I've been learning more about my teaching style, what kind of student I enjoy teaching, and how to manage behavior.  I LOVE the students that turn up to teach, and I've been loving teaching Level 3, which touches on science. Not that I don't love my younger kids but they are a little bit harder to get to focus.

In about 5 minute I will be testing my new project: teaching in public, like I mentioned before. I've watched videos of people teaching online, and they all look insane, so I'm looking forward to that. Ugh. Why do I make my life complicated, life can be a normal experience but for some reason I'm making it difficult for myself. I did tell myself the year 2019 will be a happy one so I will not start negative thinking.  I will go now to smoke a cig (a bad habit I picked up that I will stop soon!).  And then prepare my Starbucks classroom.

Edit:

HONESTLY, five year olds should not be given these online teaching platforms to learn from. They are tiny drunks. The older students who are ready to learn, know how to use an app, and appreciate a teacher's time, can take these classes. The difference is astounding.  This one kid I'm teaching is so not ready!. I know he's five. This dude's dad is right next to him, doing the problems for him. I'm basically teaching a 60  year old Chinese man how to say "log". Not complaining.
So uncomfortable. Teachers. Beware of people's dads sitting in on classes. So awkward.



Love from,

TEACHER KRISTINA

Comments

Popular Posts