Week 3- Chinese New Year!

I was just musing with my dad...

Teaching is hard work and the hard work takes place outside of the classroom. It's the lesson planning, the behind the scenes work.
Almost like a lifestyle. In high school I participated in the high school productions- mostly behind the scenes tech stuff. Because I wasn't the best performer!  This job is utilizing those skills I learned in high school- the hours spent on weeknights and weekends creating props, fixing lighting, costumes, perfecting scripts, casting actors, producing.

Good thing I did high school plays! Ha. This is an interesting combo of performance and teaching. Which use skills that are actually very different- the tool kit I use for teaching is very different from the tool kit I use to perform. So.

This week and weeks to come are the Chinese New Year so bookings are LOW! Which is sad because I am saving for a ticket to a nice beach holiday- I'm not kidding! I'm not particularly tied down with a husband or kids. So I'm just ... traveling. It's nice.
I guess I will find tickets - best case scenario is beginning of March, worst case is mid to end of March. Which means I will be on a beach in .... t minus 2-3 months.

Anyway I hope everyone else who is working is having a great winter!! This cold is not fun but the snow is beautiful and the hot cocoa is yummy!



Teacher Kristina

Comments

Popular Posts