Entering Week 4!

It's ok to spend your weekend watching Jeffrey Domer documentaries?

We are entering Week 4 of online teaching!  Obviously I'm doing very well.
I'm chalking up my lack of bookings to the Chinese New Year. But also... I am a newbie and the word on the street, is that it takes weeks and even months to get steady bookings. I've so far gotten quite a few classes, and a few 5 apple feedback ratings, so I feel like I've gotten a sufficient taste of what's to come.  There are many pros and cons to this job.

Pros:  It's fun. My kids are so cute and excited, and energetic. It's very low maintenance- I need an internet connection, a whiteboard and props, and a headset. And I can work when I want to.


Cons: Not teaching as much as I want to be, my students can be tired.... it's a surprisingly stressful job!

I've realized I have to buckle down and get more organized about this job.  Because this is for now my only source of income, besides a few live students here and there, I have to become a little bit more serious than I have been. Writing down the tax forms I needed helped with that but I can stand to get a little bit more serious.

It helps to learn the culture of your clients, or the language, so that you can communicate and do - what is essentially business. VIPKID is a business and they want their "independent contractors" to sell their product.  Which is a great teaching experience!   So those are things I am working on. Learning the culture and language of the people I'm interacting with, selling my teaching skills and also taking time to....
breathe!  Work is stressful and we all need to stay healthy and happy to do our best work.

Happy teaching!

I've attached a photo of a famous millennial because I couldn't be MORE of a millennial.





Comments

Popular Posts